Tax Partner, National Transfer Pricing Leader - Wellington
Proactive transfer pricing
Diana leads the Deloitte National Transfer Pricing Group in New Zealand and has specialised in transfer pricing since the regime’s inception in New Zealand in 1996.
“My overriding advice to all multinational enterprises when it comes to transfer pricing is to be proactive rather than reactive – allowing for transfer pricing to assist in international tax planning, rather than it becoming a compliance issue.”
Diana’s areas of expertise include:
- Importation and distribution
- Restructuring operations to minimise local income taxes
- Completing New Zealand specific and global documentation and planning studies
- Analysis and review of pricing transactions and planning for cross border transactions for global businesses
- Successfully defending clients’ transfer pricing documentation and tax positions as part of both IRD general tax and transfer pricing specific reviews and audits
- Negotiating clients’ transfer pricing policies with the Inland Revenue on both an informal and formal basis, including the negotiation of numerous Advance Pricing Agreements (both bilateral and unilateral)
- Banking and insurance
Did you know?
- The Deloitte Transfer Pricing team was named the New Zealand Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year in 2009 by the International Tax Review.
- Diana was listed in the 2009 Transfer Pricing Expert Guides, one of only two New Zealand partners listed (January 2010).
- Diana has been recognised in the Transfer Pricing section of the Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law (July 2010).
- Diana has been recognised in World Tax 2010 as a leading tax adviser.
Email Diana or call her on +64 (0)4 470 3630