Consulting Partner and Healthcare Practice Leader - Wellington
Making a positive change to the health of New Zealanders
Having started my career in clinical medicine, before moving into information technology, I have an understanding of the healthcare sector, from coal-face operations through to the boardroom and role of Government. As leader of our healthcare practice, I am passionate about making innovative use of information systems that result in material improvements to the health and well-being of New Zealanders. I have worked at the leading edge in the United States, Australia, and more recently in Europe, so I look forward to applying our global know-how to the New Zealand sector.
Transforming information into insights for our clients
I also lead our Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team, which focuses on developing new operating models that leverage information technology and, ultimately, improve performance and profitability. The vast volume of data produced every day presents an enormous opportunity, and challenge, for business: how to best harness the deluge of information. I like to create tangible value for my clients and making sure that for every dollar spent, they receive a multiple in hard benefits or a multiplier increase in revenue and profit.
Thorsten’s areas of expertise include:
- Healthcare Industry Consulting – to develop and implement operational strategies that improve Insurer, Provider, (Public) Funder or Life Sciences performance
- Public Sector Consulting – to develop and implement operational strategies that improve central and local government performance
- Enterprise Transformation - Target Operating Model Design, Business Case Development and Journey Management to make quantum leaps in performance, shared services, efficiency or effectiveness
- Business Intelligence (BI) - Strategy, Architecture and Implementation to deliver actionable business insights and bottom-line benefits
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) - Strategy, Architecture and Implementation to improve knowledge worker productivity, reduce risk or to ensure regulatory compliance
- Advanced Data Analytics and Modelling to create new insights into clients, markets or patients
Email Thorsten or call him on +64 (0)4 470 3722