Risk Services for Manufacturing industry
As a worldwide industry, the manufacturing industry is exposed to most global trends in many elements of its value chain. Whether it is in R&D, dealing with suppliers, customer interaction, IT, financial reporting, reputation, M&A or outsource/offshore activities: opportunities, and risks, are everywhere. Furthermore, regulatory sanctions are becoming highly costly ‘corporate show stoppers’.
Our manufacturing industry group offers services, including:
- Reputation: further building on your reputation
(Strategic risk, Financial risk, Compliance, Forensic)
- Control: optimising your control environment
(Internal audit, CRC, IT control, Third-party assurance, Controls transformation)
- Security: further improving the security of your IT systems
(Security management, Infrastructure security, Application integrity, Security monitoring, Cyber crime)
The issues that the manufacturing industry faces will also have an effect on your risk management organisation:
- Increasing significance of global markets and competitors
- Complex regulatory requirements, scrutiny and enforcement
- Large and complex international regulatory sanctions
- Revenue growth and margins while improving R&D productivity and product value
- Need for continued innovation
- Talent issues including shortages, development and capacity
- Need for more sophisticated enterprise risk management capabilities
- Safeguarding investments, protecting reputation, addressing sanctions and regulatory enquires and global digitalisation
- Cyber security: increased risk of commercial and state-sponsored espionage
- Information leakage: whether malicious or unintentional by individuals who have access to sensitive material
- Third party and business partner security
- Increased global enforcement of anti-corruption legislation
These challenges aren’t unique to the manufacturing industry, but like many other industries who are dealing with these issues, you require an intelligent, pragmatic and timely response. We are very strongly positioned to support your industry in the assessment of the measures currently in place and those to be designed and implemented in the future.
At Deloitte, our specialist knowledge and industry experience enables our experts to deliver high quality, tailored solutions to help you address these challenges, maximise market opportunities and create competitive advantage.