You are responsible for the VAT and/or customs within your company. Given lots of developments it might be possible that you do not have a full overview of the high number of rules and legislation. As a consequence your company can miss opportunities to save VAT and/or customs duties or even worse, incur extra VAT and customs risks can occur without your notice. Therefore, it is very useful to ask the advice of Deloitte experts in VAT management.
Specific knowledge – industries / service offerings
Increasing specialization and rapid changes asks more and more for tailor made provision of services. Each branch has its own developments, rules and issues and therefore specific knowledge is a must. This kind of specific knowledge is present at the international Deloitte VAT and customs team. We are more than willing to assist you to optimize your VAT and customs position on both, national as well as international level. The specific branch knowledge and expertise of our professionals is clustered in industries to provide you with global professional and innovative solutions.
What can you expect from Deloitte?
- Professional advice on a sophisticated VAT and customs strategy
- VAT and customs (quick) scans
- VAT assistance related to ERP implementations and applications (creation of appropriate tax codes en reporting facilities)
- Compliance solutions as Abacus VAT and Backbone (insourcing, co-sourcing and outsourcing)
- Support and/or filing of VAT returns
- Support and/or filing of VAT refund requests
- VAT and customs training
- Due dilligence
- Merger and Acquisition guidance and optimization
- Handle correspondence and discussions with the tax authorities
- Assistance in objection and appeal procedures and in conduct of a case in court
- And more.
- A holistic approach to customs valuation projects which takes account of a wide range of business requirements including restructuring transfer pricing and VAT.
- Classification advice by industry sector experts.
- Origin advice by industry sector experts.
- Expert excise duty and energy taxes consultancy to cover the entire supply chain from receipt, storage and processing to transit and final use.
- International supply chain consultancy, including project management and practical guidance on all transactions: “A one stop shop”.
- Litigation services provided by experienced advisors, giving our clients a high level of assurance that the most advantageous course of legal action is taken.
- Assistance regarding setting up and maintaining your administrative organization and internal control procedures. (AO/IC)
- Customs compliance services, such as client secondments and applications for: “Single European Authorisation”, “Simplified customs procedures” and “Economic customs procedures”. Aside from compliance services we also offer automated compliance solutions such as: “Digiscan”, “TrackonTrade”, “Import Analyzer”, “REACH-tool” and “Libracus”.
- Quick scans.
Integrated service offerings
Integrated service offerings, whereby we approach companies from both a Consulting, Tax and Audit perspective. As such we seek for the most efficient way for companies to deal with their business model.
For further information
For further information on all services from the Deloitte Japanese Services Group you can contact Pascal Schrijver, Director VAT and customs, telephone: +31 (0)88 288 46 14.