Japanese companies are often faced with corporate taxation and regulatory legislation within Japan and worldwide. Assessing the impact of local tax rules on your business and anticipating on new developments in legislation and the demands of the marketplace is beneficial. The experts of the Deloitte Japanese Services Group can offer specialized assistance.
The Dutch JSG teams specialize in advising Japanese companies entering the European market. Our professionals are experienced in addressing the particular challenges facing Japanese companies in the Netherlands and have access to the Deloitte network to address any questions with regard to taxation in Europe.
In particular, our services include:
- Assisting Japanese companies in successfully setting up their activities in Europe via the Netherlands. We provide a one-stop-shop for high-quality services in consulting, tax advice and compliance, audit and legislation and have extensive experience in coordinating interdisciplinary projects.
- Supporting companies involved in international tax restructuring. Deloitte has set up a network, specializing in providing international tax advice from a European perspective (JBTE).
- Tax advice regarding restructuring of intercompany financing & treasury functions (e.g. cash pool arrangements).
- Supporting clients which are faced with Japanese CFC-legislation.
- Maintaining relationships with the Dutch tax authorities on behalf our clients and formalizing agreements between our clients and the Dutch tax authorities ((bilateral) APAs).
Other Deloitte services
Other services include:
- Tax compliance services. The Deloitte Tax Compliance Centre provides support for filing corporate income tax returns and develops automated solutions for compliance issues.
- International tax consulting. Our international tax teams can help you devise a more tax-efficient international business structure. Alongside the Japanese Services Group, Deloitte has also formed a group of experts in the tax law of Eastern Europe in the Amsterdam office. Furthermore, we work in close cooperation with our colleagues of the Dutch Desk in New York.
- Transfer pricing consulting. The extensive experience and proactive approach of our Deloitte TP teams can help keep pace with the ever-changing global business environments to achieve transfer pricing objectives and minimize tax audit risks.
- Reorganization/M&A consulting. Our professionals develop innovative structures to maximize the value of M&A transactions, transaction-closing assistance that enables clients to maintain focus on their day-to-day operations, and sound tax-planning strategies – incorporated early in the process – that align directly with the business objectives of the transaction.
For further information
For further information on all services from the Deloitte Japanese Services Group you can contact Roger Brands, partner Core Tax, telephone: +31 (0)88 288 10 97 or Taik Fuchten, senior manager Core Tax, telephone: +31 (0)88 288 12 72.