Spotting issues early to save time and costs
Deloitte can perform an initial assessment in the preparatory phase of the disposal process. This is also known as a ‘vendor assistance study’ and it involves the analysis of a number of issues that could have a major impact on the valuation, the transaction structure and the decision to pursue the transaction process. The initial pre-divestment review often serves as a guide to the vendor due diligence that is carried out at a later stage.
An integrated approach is the basis for a successful transaction
Even in the initial pre-divestment review, the keynote of Deloitte’s service lies in its integrated approach and we are able to deploy our tax, pension, IT, commercial and other specialists.
Objectives of the initial pre-divestment review:
- To draw up an inventory of the most important information requirements. The necessary information is defined, collected and organised in a data room
- To determine whether it is necessary to prepare pro-forma figures and/or an acquisition balance sheet and, if necessary, to provide support for this
- To perform the most important analyses (such as the trend in the normalised results) and to identify the most significant risks
- To advise on how the most significant findings could be dealt with
- To reach a conclusion on whether a company (or business unit) really is ready for sale
- To identify what steps need to be taken to make the business ready for sale
- To determine the optimum transaction structure (including tax)
The expertise and independence of Deloitte guarantees you the best possible support for your divestment process.