We advise and assist our clients to practice effective corporate governance, or we assess existing governance structures and processes. This covers Boards of Directors, Board Committees, Directors' role and responsibilities, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability practices.
We review and advise, inter alia, on the following:
- Board of Directors, structures, composition and membership, responsibilities and processes;
- Election and re-election to and composition of the board of directors;
- Duties and responsibilities of executive and non-executive directors;
- The composition, role and responsibilities of sub-committees including the audit and remuneration committees;
- The role of chairman versus chief executive officer (CEO);
- Effectiveness of the Board of Directors;
- Board performance evaluation procedures;
- Risk Management procedures and control (at a strategic business unit, process and cultural level; effective processes for the identification, prioritisation, management and monitoring risk)
- Succession planning;
- Use of authority frameworks;
- Ethics / code of conduct;
- Environmental practices;
- Social responsibility and worker participation;
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and competitiveness;
- Shareowner and stakeholder communication including the disclosure of the above in the annual report; and
- Education and workshops on corporate governance.
Value service to clients
We express an opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of clients' corporate governance practices and provide suggestions for improvement where weaknesses have been identified.
We present, discuss and debate corporate governance global best Templates of global best practice in corporate governance are used against which to benchmark the organisations current governance practices.
Risk management consulting
We have combined deep specialist skills and a flexible strategic model for managing risk. Our team works with our clients to identify risk, analyse its impact, and implement cost-effective controls to minimise it.
We aim to introduce a risk management culture throughout the organisations we work with. Our services are provided by experienced professionals who work together with our clients throughout every phase of the risk management cycle.
We advise and assist our clients to become Risk Intelligent Organisations.
Our ERM services offered to clients include
- Development of/ and or review of an Organisations Risk Management Strategy and Policy;
- Development of/ and or review of an Organisations Risk Model;
- Review of an organisations Risk Appetite and evaluation criteria including a review of or development of Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Evaluation and Assessment rating scales;
- Facilitation of Risk Assessment Workshops at strategic, business and process levels, to identify and assess risks that may prevent an organisation from achieving its objectives; and
- Risk Management Training.