Tax mobility program - Are you ready for the international challenge? | Brochure
“We are a large multinational company, sending employees on assignment from Luxembourg to Singapore: how can we deal with the personal taxes and social security issues of our employees?”
“We are a German company, seconding our people to a building site in Luxembourg for a few months and we have a permanent establishment there: do we have withholding tax obligations in Luxembourg?”
As more and more companies continue to expand into new global markets, there is an increasing demand for a highly mobile workforce. International firms willing to take up the international mobility challenge have to prepare expatriations in a careful manner and manage tax compliance and risks at the same time.
Deloitte Tax-GES is a team of experienced tax professionals who can guide your firm and assist your expatriates in the complexities of an assignment to or from Luxembourg.
We understand the realities of international assignments; a significant percentage of our own workforce is temporarily or permanently placed in foreign countries at any time. We work with you in a highly collaborative way, and because we are global, we are undeterred by geographic or regulatory barriers.
Our communication namely within our Deloitte network is supported by innovative technologies and this makes it even easier to exchange efficiently information about assignees and represents a strong asset in managing mobile people wherever they are.
Deloitte provides compliance and consultancy services tailored to our clients’ particular needs.
Consultancy – we offer tailored services to:
- Improve the quality and performance of your international assignments by detecting costsaving opportunities and resolving regulatory issues and risks.
- Design, set up, optimise, apply and communicate tax efficient policies, by incorporating global best practices.
- Relieve your administrative burden as a mobility/HR manager by managing the endless details associated with internationally mobile employees.
- Provide assistance to your assignees by organising pre-departure/post-arrival tax meetings and providing employees with personal tax counseling.
Compliance – we offer comprehensive income tax and social security compliance services, including:
- Preparing expatriates’ income tax returns while looking at tax planning and optimisation opportunities.
- Setting up local shadow payroll to meet the withholding tax and/or social security obligations of your company for incoming expatriates.
- Obtaining wage tax release and certificates of coverage to secure your company’s responsibility for outgoing expatriates.
Choosing the Deloitte tax mobility program is an excellent investment for both your assignees and your company. Your assignees will not be concerned about their foreign country taxes and will be able to concentrate fully on the assignment. You will be able to manage your program so your employees and your responsibilities are well cared for and, at the same time, you have the opportunity to contain costs and mitigate risks.
Rely on us to design, implement, and maintain international assignment programs that enhance your reputation as an employer of distinction.
Page Last Updated