Our services for the life sciences and healthcare industry - Listening to your needs | Brochure
Healthcare and life sciences organisations are under enormous pressure in today’s market environment, characterised by evolving regulations, shifting demographics, rising patient expectations and the quest for improved efficiencies.
Future key challenges include:
- Shifting demographics, resulting in ageing populations
- Consumerism and rising costs of healthcare
- Increases in public health spending and changes in finance and reimbursement policies
- Increasing influence of emerging countries
- Convergence of different life sciences and healthcare sectors
- Difficulties attracting and retaining skilled workforces
- Requirements to respond to new European regulations
Healthcare and life sciences in Luxembourg
The Luxembourg healthcare system is among the most comprehensive systems in the world, offering virtually unrestricted access to the Luxembourg population.
It also ranks in the top five countries per-capita healthcare expenditure in the world.
Strong financial and political support over the years has enabled the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to develop a strong life sciences and research centre. Life sciences in Luxembourg represents an emerging and rapidly evolving market with significant investments being made, in order to drive innovation and commercialisation of, inter-alia, diagnostic and therapeutic tools.
The promotion of life sciences focuses primarily on:
- Biotech companies
- Research institutions
- The University of Luxembourg
- Private laboratories and foundations
- Multidisciplinary approaches and partnerships (e.g. personalised medicine solutions, systems biology)
Page Last Updated