Assessing and communicating progress made in your sustainable management strategy - Towards more objective communication of companies’ sustainable management results
Today, companies are subject to extensive monitoring and those at the forefront have understood the necessity of informing shareholders and other stakeholders of the results of their sustainable strategy. It has become important for Boards of Directors and Management to also monitor the non-financial aspects of the company’s performance.
The advantages of proactive corporate responsibility specifically include staff motivation, attracting and retaining talent, improving management systems, improved awareness-raising of risks and how they are managed. Other advantages of a responsible and ethical process for the company are that it encourages support for innovation, improves reputation through transparency and builds shareholder loyalty in the long-term, which means that favourable financing conditions can be obtained.
Over and above the risks and opportunities identified, the challenge is to define a line of behaviour and then to develop an appropriate corporate responsibility strategy along with a reliable and solid reporting system.
Have you ever wondered?
- How to promote our sustainable management process in a report presented to the public?
- How to link social and environmental responsibility to economic and financial performance?
- How to present and structure information according to target audiences and media?
- What are the basic conditions required for the implementation of sustainable management reports?
- How can the relevance, accuracy and comparability of information be ensured?
- How to produce reports whose degree of reliability, transparency and credibility meet the expectations of our investors and clients?
How can Deloitte help you?
Deloitte can support you throughout your sustainable management process, from the strategic vision to the information presented to your stakeholders.
In this way, Deloitte will help you to build up your sustainable management process gradually, relying on the various levels of detail and sophistication of the reports currently offered by international structures such as the ‘Global Reporting Initiative™ (GRI).’
In addition, Deloitte can validate the quality of the information and the approach adopted to draft your activity reports concerning sustainable and responsible management.
The Deloitte approach
Deloitte developed a structured methodology covering the measurement and communication of progress made by your sustainable management strategy. As such, Deloitte can help you to make quick progress in your sustainable management process and to turn the risks linked to social and environmental impacts into the opportunity to be a forerunner in the successful integration of ecological and societal challenges to your strategy.
Strategy and planning
- Define a vision and a corporate strategy to follow in terms of sustainable management based on your key priorities
- Develop mapping of risks and opportunities in terms of all aspects of corporate responsibility. Risks are assessed according to your company’s values, your objectives, and your strategy
- Assistance in designing an active social responsibility and sustainable management programme
Reporting and communication
- Develop the sustainable management reporting system, structure and monitoring of data according to methodologies recommended by the Global Reporting Initiative™ (GRI)
- Define and develop reports and indicators
- Develop an information system dedicated to declaration
- Align reports with financial information parameters
- Draft internal and external communication messages and produce a sustainable development report
Review and assurance
- Independent checking of your information will demonstrate your commitment to sustainable development and will also improve your stakeholders’ trust in you.
- Independent assurance according to the following international standards:
- International standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE 3000), developed by the IAASB
- Assurance responsibility standard 1000 (AA 1000 AS), developed by Britain’s Institute for Social and Ethical Responsibility, Accountability
The Deloitte difference
By choosing Deloitte, you will benefit from:
- Support from professionals who have in-depth experience of your area of business and can thus provide you with relevant indications and practical advice
- Our multi-disciplinary approach, which enables us to deal with all sustainable management assignments
- Appropriate technologies and methodologies: Deloitte specialists use the very latest methodologies as well as automated tools and processes to analyse your organisation more effectively