Internal audit outsourcing and cosourcing - A response tailored to your needs | Brochure
New internal audit challenges
The financial crisis has highlighted the major role played by internal auditing in enabling executives, audit committee and board members to carry out their responsibilities in terms of governance, risk management and sustainability.
Gone are the days of limiting internal audit to operational and compliance auditing.
More than ever, internal auditing must be at the centre of corporate strategy and its smooth implementation.
It is a driver for success and must specifically address the risk-taking necessary for the development of the company’s activities and the protection of its vital assets (business, competitive advantages, human capital, organisational and technical infrastructure, etc.).
Have you ever wondered?
- Are we getting enough valuable information and insight from our investment in internal audit?
- Does our internal audit team have the specific skills and experience needed to effectively address risks in our business before they become a problem?
- Does our internal audit plan align with the risk profile and strategic objectives of our organisation?
- How can we better manage our internal audit costs? Is it possible to shift from a fixed to a more variable cost structure?
- How can we keep up with an ever-evolving regulatory environment?
How can Deloitte help you?
At Deloitte, you will find the most appropriate internal audit management solution for your needs.
|Your issue||Our solutions||Our strength|
|You are understaffed during ‘crunch time’||During peak periods, gain access to additional qualified staff||Flexibility|
|The skills required to execute specific audits do not reside in-house||Deloitte has the depth and breadth of resources to bring the right mix of skills||Multi-disciplinary knowledge|
|Need for methodology and tools to readily identify and mitigate risk||Access well-proven methodologies and tools to gain a broader risk perspective||Insight|
|In-house costs are fixed and may be difficult to maintain||Pay only for the resources you need and use||Cost reduction|
|Limited access to leading practices and automated tools||Deloitte leverages the latest benchmarking and analytical tools||Tools and methodologies|
The Deloitte approach
The Deloitte approach, based on risks and processes, contributes to significantly improving internal audit effectiveness and added value.
Deloitte’s teams rely on a well-proven, modular approach, tailored to specific needs on a case-by-case basis, to take account of the size and specific features of each sector and each organisation.
Deloitte offers a full range of internal audit services that help executives, audit committee and board members, not only to better understand and monitor the performance of critical operations but also, and more importantly, to achieve their strategic objectives.
Deloitte’s tailor-made services specifically include:
- Outsourcing or cosourcing of your internal audit
- Creation and implementation of your internal audit function
- Optimisation of your internal audit function
- Internal audit training
Deloitte’s expertise covers the following areas:
- Risk assessment
- Regulatory compliance review
- Fraud assessment, detection and forensics
- Merger and acquisition diligence
- Corporate social responsibility
- Operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Business continuity programmes
- Data quality and integrity analysis
- Enterprise application controls
- Project quality assurance
- IT security and privacy
The Deloitte difference
Deloitte is acknowledged as leader in internal audit services. By choosing Deloitte, you will benefit from:
- Increased coverage and value in services provided by your internal audit with access to specialists who have highly specialised expertise in internal audit, genuine experience in your industry and in-depth knowledge of applicable regulations
- Greater precision in assessing your risks, by being proactive and objective in finding out about areas of risk before they become a problem
- Better control over internal audit expenditure, by only paying for the necessary productive work time. Deloitte’s services thus allow you to reduce administrative and indirect costs, and to reduce or remove training, recruitment and staff retention costs
- An independent and impartial approach based on the analysis of objective criteria
- Appropriate, recognised technologies and methodologies: Deloitte’s internal audit specialists use the very latest methodologies as well as automated processes and tools to analyse your organisation more effectively
Page Last Updated