Human capital trends 2012 - Leap ahead | Whitepaper
It’s fitting that 2012 is a leap year, since a number of converging market trends are driving HR organisations to make significant leaps in capabilities and performance. HR faces a critical, dual imperative in 2012 - a focus on enabling both their organisation’s overall growth agenda and on driving efficiency in the business of HR. This dual focus demands decisive action as the stakes are greater than ever.
Why the sense of urgency? Three reasons.
- Businesses are seeing light at the end of the economic tunnel, and CEOs are looking for every advantage they can find to drive growth. Talent is a key enabler of growth, of course, but it can also be a stumbling block if not managed properly. Especially in areas like salesforce effectiveness and building a leadership pipeline.
- Transformative technologies such as cloud, mobile, social, and advanced analytics are upending how work gets done, though many organisations are not yet ready to exploit their potential. HR should step in to help build the capabilities to use these tools effectively.
- Enterprise risk has moved firmly onto the C-suite agenda. Leaders have come to understand that people risks represent a significant area of potential exposure.
Businesses today are calling on HR to leap ahead and help to manage change in the face of complex challenges that touch so many parts of the enterprise. Understanding the 2012 human capital trends - what they mean for both leading HR and for leading the business - is a great place to start.
- In 2012, growth is job #1
- Operation globalisation
- Fast-track to the top
- People risk is risky business
- Seeing around corners
- #social #mobile @work
- Clouds in the forecast
- Stay in front with an effective sales force
Learn more in the full report in PDF attached below. This report is available in PDF format only.
Page Last Updated