Outsourcing/cosourcing internal audit | Brochure
Your multipurpose resource
Do you ever ask yourself...
- Are we getting valuable information and insights from our investment in internal audit?
- Does our internal audit team have the specialized skills and experience needed to address the risks in our business before they become a problem?
- How can we better manage internal audit costs? Is it possible to shift from a fixed to a more variable cost structure?
- Does our audit plan align with the risk appetite and business objectives of our organization?
- How can we keep up with an ever-evolving regulatory compliance landscape while effectively managing costs?
Why outsource or cosource internal audit?
Internal audit responsibilities continue to grow and evolve. Gone are the days of limiting internal audit to operational auditing; today’s internal auditor is at the center of activities, including:
- Reviewing enterprise-wide risk management programs
- Overseeing fraud assessments
- Monitoring practices that are essential to the protection of mission-critical company assets, including customer data
- Keeping current on fast-changing IT systems and environments
You may be challenged by a myriad of regulatory requirements, preparation for external audits, and evolving business models that include joint ventures, partnering arrangements, and strategic diversification. To help you effectively manage all of these elements, your internal audit team must be able to navigate today’s business landscape and effectively communicate with your audit committee, executive team, and other management.
How we can help
Our Deloitte specialists offer professional internal audit know-how, industry and technical knowledge, and collaborative skills to work effectively with your organization to help you:
- Receive higher quality and value from your internal audit investment by gaining access to internal audit specialists who bring the required skills, broad industry experience, and extensive regulatory knowledge.
- Improve your risk evaluation activities by objectively and proactively identifying high risk areas – before they become a problem.
- Manage your overall costs for internal audit by paying only for the productive time you need. Reduce the impact of administrative time and overhead, streamline training costs, and eliminate recruitment and retention expenses.
Why Deloitte for internal audit?
We have continually invested significant time and money to refine methodologies, improve enabling technologies, and develop relevant training. As a result, our professional auditors possess state-of-the-art knowledge, and we are equipped to offer industry and professional insights, thought leadership pieces, and newsletters to help your organization stay current with the latest “need to know” information.
Consider what your internal audit function could achieve with Deloitte:
|Advantage Deloitte||Your internal audit team||Outsourced/Cosourced internal audit|
|Flexibility||You are understaffed during “crunch time.”||During peak periods, gain access to additional staff.|
|Multidisciplinary knowledge||The skills required to execute specialty audits may not reside in-house.||Deloitte has the depth and breadth of resources to bring the right mix of skills for each audit.|
|Insight||Staff may lack the methodology and tools to readily identify and mitigate risk.||Access proven methodologies and tools to help you gain a broader risk perspective.|
|Cost||In-house costs are fixed and may be difficult to maintain.||Pay only for the resources you need and use.|
|Tools and methodologies||Staff may lack access to leading practices and automated tools.||Deloitte leverages the latest benchmarking and analytical tools.|
Page Last Updated