Subsidy for vocational training - Your opportunity, our solution | Deloitte solution
The National Institute for the Development of Continuous Vocational Training (INFPC), a state institution with the entrusted mission of the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training, aims to promote vocational training within the Luxembourg economic framework, to conduct the requests for company co-funding, to lead the lifelong-learning.lu web portal and to follow trends in training.
Who is the training plan intended for?
Luxembourg legislation pertaining to continuous vocational training allows companies established in Luxembourg to benefit from help in funding their training programmes, irrespective of size.
What are the benefits of having a training plan?
Companies within the private sector based in Luxembourg can receive funding for training up to a taxable amount of 14.5% of the annual invested sum.
Are you up to date with the latest developments?
Lodged with the Chamber of Deputies on 26 July 2011, the draft law 6308 amending (1) the law of 19 December 2008 relating to the reform of vocational training, as amended, and (2) the Luxembourg Labour Code, was passed on 6 March 2012 and published on 28 March 2012. It makes the following changes to financial subsidies for continuous vocational training organised by companies:
- The amount of direct funding has been increased from 14.5% to 20% (2011) and even labour costs are to be subsidised by up to 35% for the following categories:
- Individuals who do not hold a degree recognised by the official authorities and who have completed less than 10 years service for their employer,
- Individuals older than 45 years of age.
What form should the training plan take?
- If the training project or training plan costs less than EUR 75,000 annually, no application for prior authorisation is required;
- If the training project costs more than EUR 75,000: a request for initial approval must be made and a final report for the training plan provided.
The auditor’s task
- Companies may call on an auditor to certify the final or annual report.
- The review will be performed in accordance with the international standard on engagements to perform agreed-upon procedures regarding financial information (ISRS 4400) and on professional recommendation issued by the “Institut des Réviseurs d’Entreprises (IRE)”.
What can Deloitte do for you?
Your points of contact
- Through our extensive experience reviewing final reports, we at Deloitte Audit have built a dedicated team that will enable you to optimise your report request for funding support as swiftly as possible
- The added value we bring to the table will allow you then to apply for co-funding to cover as many of the eligible costs as possible and therefore maximise the number of subsidies granted
Our dedicated team is able to provide you with a qualitative review of your final report which will facilitate the processing of your application and funding
- There will be no exhaustive review carried out by the Ministry on files reviewed by Deloitte Audit.
- You will not be required to provide related supporting documents with your file.
- The files that we review are processed as a matter of priority by the Ministry.
- Our review of the final report will speed up the subsidy settlement process (which may therefore save you between 4 and 16 months)
We can also
- Provide support in developing a training plan
- Act as an intermediary between your company and the INFPCC
This flyer is also available in French and German.
Page Last Updated