Release of the FATCA final regulations - 18/01/2013
On 17 January, the U.S. Treasury Department and the IRS released final regulations on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
FATCA requires U.S. taxpayers with specified foreign financial assets, as well as foreign financial institutions, to identify and report on their U.S. account holders annually.
On 22 January, Deloitte will host a special edition webcast. If you are interested we invite you to register as from today for this webcast. This session will be recorded and available for those who are unable to attend at the scheduled time and a link will be distributed following the event.
What do the final regulations entail? We'll discuss:
- Changes reflected in the final FATCA regulations.
- A detailed comparison of the old regulations versus the new regulations.
- Implications to U.S. and foreign institutions as well as non-financial institutions.
- Steps to consider in addressing FATCA compliance in light of the final regulations.
- Understand the final FATCA regulations and their implications, and explore ways your organisation can respond.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Page Last Updated