Sustaining growth for renewable energy | Whitepaper
Full power ahead?
On Thursday 8 May 2008 Deloitte hosted their annual Renewable energy Seminar in London, attended by senior executives from accross the industry. With record high oil prices, ambitious EU targets and increasing consumer demand for green energy, the renewable energy industry is under the spotlight of governments, industry and the media alike.
The seminar opened by noting the continued strong deal activity and explored several key themes:
- Recent developments and trends
- The importance of renewable energy as part of the global energy mix
- The triangle of energy security, affordability and climate concerns
- The drivers and challenges utilities companies face when building their renewable energy business
- European regulation and incentive mechanisms and how the UK compares
This publication summarises each speaker's views on these themes and provides the results of the delegate survey that was conducted during the seminar together with our commentary.
Page Last Updated