Performance issue 13, January 2014 | Magazine
We would like to welcome you to the 13th edition of Deloitte’s global magazine for the investment management sector. Much has changed since the first edition of Performance in the aftermath of the financial crisis. The global economy is slowly picking up again and most developed economies are growing. While the investment management industry has been able to enjoy progress, many challenges still lie ahead.
Regulation is constantly evolving and the cost of being compliant, especially at a global level, has never been greater. At the same time, investors have become increasingly demanding and started taking greater interest in performance and transparency. This more involved approach to investing is putting significant pressure on margins.
In this new environment for asset managers, we would like to give our readers some thought-provoking insights. As such, we have broadened the involvement of our external contributors to further expand our industry knowledge-sharing platform. Furthermore, each edition to follow will be led by a different Deloitte IM practice and have a focus topic that a number of articles will cover.
In this edition of Performance, which contains valuable contributions from a range of industry experts, we focus on the future approaches to wealth management in Europe, and especially in Switzerland, in light of European tax and regulatory changes. We also examine some of the regulations impacting (or soon to be) the investment management industry in Switzerland and the EU. For example, we outline the impact of MiFID II and take a look at the debate on shadow banking regulation. A significant contribution to the overall theme will also be made by our external contributors, who will give their views on Switzerland's future as a wealth management centre.
In addition to our main theme, you will find the usual variety of topics ranging from new tax regulations for the distribution of funds to the results of Deloitte’s global risk management survey and the implications for investment managers. We also look ahead to the mutual funds markets in 2014.
In this issue
- The future of asset management in Switzerland
- Regulation is changing the distribution landscape
- Europe’s M&A recovery: a long-awaited chance for investors
- This time it’s different - Reshaping the way we look at risk
- Fund governance round-up
- Retrocessions - A thing of the past?
- Exploring evolving risks and challenges - Perspectives from the investment management industry
- Fair value pricing survey, eleventh edition - Finding the formula that fits
- Competition, consolidation and change: key considerations in European securities clearance
- Who wants to collect millions?
- Digital: a potential source of differentiation and/or an effective addition to distribution channels?
- The Case for social media in the decade ahead
- New tax regulations for investment funds
Performance issue 13