Market intelligence - What you need to know and why | Brochure
There is no magic formula that determines why a fund – UCITS or other UCI – will meet with success when offered to investors. Many factors come into play. As in any endeavour, it is only by establishing what is known that one may begin to understand what remains to be learnt.
The notion of ‘market Intelligence’ can encompass many different things. It can be as simple as the articulation of what is effectively a work instruction – "how do I register a fund in this jurisdiction?"
It can be a complex and often costly exercise in market research to determine what competitors are doing – "who is selling what to whom and at what price?"
It can be a formative element to long-term strategy, determining which platform to distribute in which region and to which client segment.
Understanding the implications of distribution, country by country:
- What documents are required, in which language, and with which frequency to permit a public offering
- What infrastructure, paying agent, reporting distributor, and other requirements are required in support of distribution activity
- Private placement regimes, their advantages and limitations
- What distribution channels are the preferred option in each jurisdiction and the implications for marketing
Looking beyond the beaten track:
- How best to extend existing offerings to new markets
- The level of penetration of foreign funds in developed and developing markets and the dynamics behind this
- Optimising the selection of domicile, legal structure and product in the interests of time to market and market penetration
- Ensuring compliance with changing market requirements at national and regional level
Deloitte is uniquely placed to respond to your needs in terms of market intelligence, but also to accompany you in the practical application of that knowledge.
Our clients value highly our offerings which include:
- Regular updates and checklists on registration and distribution requirements by jurisdiction
- Country profiles capturing country specifics and major trends
- Bespoke analyses of product fit to country requirements
- In-depth reviews matching practical needs to strategic vision
How can we help?
Deloitte is in the almost unique position that within the ranks of its advisory division it has professionals who themselves have been responsible for meeting the challenges that you face today.
- We are able to put ourselves in your shoes in setting out and evaluating the options
- We can examine with you past experience, what has worked and what has not
- We harness our proven methodologies and analytics to your practical concerns
Page Last Updated