IP management strategies | Deloitte solution
- Good intellectual property (“IP”) management allows you to improve group cash circulation, build up profits in the right tax jurisdictions and avoid fiscal barriers to future tax planning.
- Luxembourg IP regime allows you to achieve an effective tax rate of 5.76% or less on royalties and capital gains.
- The Lux IP regime covers a broad range of rights like patents, designs and models, copyrights on software, trademarks and domain names. Owners of patents can also get some tax benefits by using their IP for their proper business. If your IP does not qualify for the Lux regime, other planning ideas can be tailored on a case by case basis.
- For choosing an IP management location, non-tax related aspects are also important. Here Luxembourg can also offer a package of advantages like government support, solid legal protections, specialised work force.
- Proper IP structuring may not only lead to considerable tax savings but also enhance the legal protection and effective development of a groups’ IP.
- Deloitte has an in-depth knowledge of all aspects related to an efficient IP management and has implemented countless structures for multinational corporations.
- Deloitte will be able to assist you taking all the necessary steps:
- Review of current situation and definition of clear action points to optimize IP management (tax and non-tax)
- Cross-service line approach
- Confirmation of Luxembourg tax treatment
- Confirmation of foreign tax treatment with foreign Deloitte offices
- Integration of IP management in a broader group planning strategy
This flyer is also available in German.
Page Last Updated