IT strategy & planning - Positioning IT as an enabler for business strategy | Deloitte solution
- How do you keep your IT strategy aligned with the business strategic vision and objectives? Do you position your IT systems as the engine for change?
- How do you plan to limit project delays, service outages and the failure to react fast enough to changing business needs?
- How do you make use of innovation to acquire competitive advantage, increase market share, or review your operating model?
- How do you keep pace with technological trends and take advantage of them?
- Do you have all the monitoring structures in place to ensure that the rollout of your strategy will be successful?
Deloitte’s IT strategy and planning service assists the CIO in positioning IT as an enabler for business strategy by establishing an IT vision and roadmap, and by defining the principles of the operating model that will most efficiently support them. Together with the company, we review the organisation’s strategy, external factors such as the regulatory environment and the technologies that work in the market. We then define long-term IT capabilities, identify the most appropriate technology trends to adopt, and specify the structural changes that we organise in a well-structured plan by taking into account capacity, innovation, alternative delivery models, etc.
Our approach and tools
We have a proven and robust approach to IT strategic planning, supported by our IT Strategy toolkit. This facilitates the creation of a holistic and practical IT strategy, within a rapid execution timeframe.
Our approach enables organisations to confirm their IT strategy and then to implement a continuous planning and review cycle.
The toolkit can support the development of a full ‘end-to-end’ IT strategy or may be used to guide smaller or more targeted strategic reviews. It is also well suited to more focused reviews, where there are specific IT issues or concerns to address.
Our methodology incorporates two different and complementary planning cycles to provide both the longer-term vision and the shorter-term flexibility that modern IT organisations need to react to ever-changing business conditions.
Page Last Updated