IT assessment & due diligence - Explore and discover the potential of your IT capabilities | Deloitte solution
- How do you deliver pre and post deal (vendor or buyer) IT due diligence for M&A transactions?
- Does the IT operating model, including process, people and technology, adequately support the business?
- How cost effective is the existing IT structure? What are the IT synergy possibilities? What new investments are needed?
- What IT capabilities are required to support change or expansion?
- What are the key risks, issues and weaknesses of the current IT organisation?
- Is there a robust IT Service Management solution in place with comprehensive SLAs supported by clear service management processes?
Our IT assessment & due diligence practitioners have extensive experience in:
Supporting current leaders looking to improve their IT organisation
We have developed a structured, fast and comprehensive approach to understanding the maturity and effectiveness of an IT organisation and quickly identifying the areas that present the highest potential for improvement.
Offering pre and post deal IT due diligence support
We have extensive experience of buy and sell side transactions, working on deals of varying sizes and complexities. Our local team is supplemented by a global network of resources, which we are able to leverage according to the specifics of each transaction.
Our approach and tools
Through real industry knowledge and in-depth experience in designing and implementing high-performing IT organisations, we have built up an extensive knowledge base with proprietary tools, methods and approaches that our teams use to ensure consistent quality outcomes and to accelerate project timelines.
These include the following:
- Deloitte's IT effectiveness assessment tool provides a comprehensive and structured approach to understanding the maturity of an IT organisation and facilitating ‘deep dive’ assessments and problem identification for both capability and processes.
- IT effectiveness process library provides a comprehensive collection of detailed best practice IT effectiveness processes that can inform the development and support the assessment of organisations’ processes.
- Deloitte’s IT target operating model methodology facilitates IT operational modelling and the design of effective governance structures. We are able to draw on multiple models and determine the best fit model for a particular organisation depending on IT maturity, fit to business structures and sourcing considerations.
- Enterprise architecture industry specific frameworks help to assess the maturity of an organisation’s enterprise architecture function quickly, providing recommendations on how industry peers have designed and structured their own functions.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) tool uses structured questionnaires and spider chart ‘scorecards’ to analyse Service Management processes and assess conformity with the ITIL (v3) reference model.
- Deloitte’s IT due diligence approach seeks to address all key IT- related considerations that influence the results of an M&A transaction. The approach used is tailored to the type of transaction.
Page Last Updated