Wireless security survey - Landscape of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg | Whitepaper
Over the last few years, the use of wireless networks has become more and more widespread both for private and business purposes. Among the numerous advantages offered by wireless networks, the ones most frequently quoted are:
- Mobility: users remain connected anywhere within the premises of the organisation or private residence. This enables greater productivity and a new range of service offerings
- Easy installation: avoiding having to run cables in walls and ceilings reduces the installation time and improves the aesthetics of installation
- Flexibility and lower-cost: wireless networks reduce the installation costs compared to physical network installation
If wireless networks provide benefits compared to physical networks, they also have their drawbacks which includes security risks. In particular, wireless networks are more vulnerable from a security perspective and can be the cause of major security breaches, if they are not efficiently designed and if security is not effectively implemented.
This survey performed during autumn 2009 provides a wireless security landscape of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, with a focus on its two largest cities: Luxembourg city and Esch-sur-Alzette.
The main objectives of this survey are the following:
- To evaluate the level of security in the wireless networks covered in this survey in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- To raise awareness with regard to the security risks of the use of wireless networks, and provide security tips and recommendations
- To provide statistics on the use of wireless networks in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Page Last Updated