Process reviews and Target Operating Model - For real estate and private equity | Deloitte solution
- Too many relationships to coordinate
- Less time / resources for the core objective of maximising return to investors
Real estate and private equity asset managers or finance teams are facing increasingly challenging reporting requirements. Investors and regulators are demanding tighter deadlines, more transparency and extra controls. They also need to deal with complex transactions involving multiple jurisdictions and requiring specific and up-to-date accounting, tax and legal expertise. In this context, it is key to find the right operating model that is adapted to your strategy, organization and culture, and be able to provide the necessary flexibility to not only fulfil your requirements today but also help you to further adapt in the future to ever changing regulatory, tax, legal and accounting obligations. Key considerations are to:
- Exert control
- Achieve certainty
- Optimise expertise
- Manage costs
In a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
You want or need to improve your reporting processes to meet tighter deadlines and or align to increasing requirements for more detailed, transparent and regular reporting information.
You need to reduce operating costs and optimise your internal resources so that they can focus on key management functions and your core fields of expertise.
You are operating in multiple jurisdictions and have to coordinate multiple service providers.
You do not have in-house access to the required resources in terms of capacity and or expertise, or to implement the necessary level of segregation of duties.
You plan to expand your operations in new jurisdictions or new regulatory environments.
Your systems are not integrated and or require risky manual processes that are not time and quality efficient.
Deloitte brings you Real Estate and Private Equity experts from multidisciplinary teams in compliance/regulatory and advisory services (accounting, tax, audit, IT and other consulting services).
We are of the view that “One Size Does Not Fit All”, and will focus on providing a customised offer and building a dedicated team to fit your specific needs. Our service offer includes:
- Reviewing and documenting your processes, conducting a gap analysis and providing recommendations for improvements or to meet new requirements
- Optimising the reporting process and ensuring compliance with best practices
- Assisting you in defining and implementing new processes or policies
- Service Organization Control Reports (e.g. ISAE 3402/SAE 16)
Target Operating Model
- Working with management to define the Target Operating Model for your structures, with an optimal combination of internal and external resources, an adequate level of coordination and controlling functions, as well as communication and monitoring tools
- Ensuring quality consistency across all jurisdictions, sharing best practices and templates and defining key controls
- Assistance to information system selection
Assistance in the day to day delivery
- Full or selective outsourcing activities (accounting, reporting, risk management, internal audit, regulatory compliance, controls, tax compliance, etc.)
- Coordinating the delivery of reporting information with the different parties involved including in multiple jurisdictions and, as required, with the assistance of the Deloitte network
- Providing consolidation services including timeline coordination, inter-company reconciliation process, etc.
- Offering expertise in IFRS, other Gaaps and tax matters through hotlines, training or other means
- Access to Deloitte’s global network of Real Estate and Private Equity industry knowledge and technical expertise in multiple jurisdictions.
Page Last Updated