Recent legislative changes, passed by the Luxembourg parliament at the end of 2010, are driving some profound re-thinking and re-organising of the local healthcare system. One of these significant modifications to the current system is for example the sharing of medical services with the objective of creating the centres de compétences across the country.
This is only one example of the healthcare environment changes that will create new recruitment and development needs for highly qualified personnel. Although the role of technology is increasing at a very high speed, the industry's reliance on personal contact will not change in the foreseeable future.
Given the healthcare industry’s overall complexity, the talent strategy needs to be adapted to the specific business challenges.
Adequate skills and expertise are required to:
- Manage changing skills requirements
- Attract critical workforce segments, especially scarce medical profiles, to deliver high-quality care services
- Retain critical workforce segments in an environment of organisational changes, post-merger
- integrations and labour cost reductions
- Adapt work solutions to employees’ expectations
Deloitte services offering
We assist healthcare providers with a vast service offering that will support them in finding the most appropriate solutions to their recruitment and people development needs. These services include:
Definition of recruitment strategies
- Screening and selection, based on position advertisement and review of our internal database
- Active executive search – for highly qualified profiles and confidential recruitments
- Insourcing of an organisation’s whole recruitment process
- Competency management and job design development
- Performance management design
- Supporting organisational re-design initiatives
- Developing talent strategies and implementation of a roadmap
- Talent identification
- Strategic workforce planning, including succession management
- Post-merger integration assistance on organisational, HR and change level implementation of HR solutions (SAP HR, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Change management to support organisations transitioning towards a new organisation structure, role or IT environment