The investment fund industry is facing a highly complex regulatory environment.
Within the cross-border distribution world, mutual funds have to cope with a vast number of existing laws, rules and regulations at the level of the European Union, their home domicile as well as the targeted countries. In addition, they have to follow-closely the developments in order to be fully prepared for the transition from UCITS III to UCITS IV.
At a broader scale, players need to keep up-to-date with the fast moving developments in areas like AIFMD, UCITS Depositary Function, MiFID, Transparency Directive, AML etc.
Deloitte provides support to master the high complexity of requirements in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
Deloitte regulatory, compliance & fund registration services
Regulatory / investment compliance
- Assistance and advisory on new regulatory developments and requirements (MiFID, Transparency Directive, Prospectus Directive, AML Directives, UCITS, AIFMD etc.)
- Central administration and management company organisation and substance review
- Writing of procedures and definition/implementation of the necessary and appropriate controls
- Cross-border distribution compliance (including e-commerce, private and public placement, etc.)
- Ad-hoc training on regulatory issues
- Review of anti-money laundering and KYC procedures
- Investment compliance, review of system parameterisation, processes, and practices
- Assistance with NAV calculation errors and investment breaches
- Definition and review of investment restrictions compliance in case of cross-border distribution
- Cold testing of investment restrictions
- Registration and post-registration of UCITS and non-UCITS funds in foreign jurisdictions
- Ad-hoc assistance in appointing local representatives
- Central point of contact and liaison between client and local regulatory authorities in target markets, and with third party service providers
- Coordination of prospectus changes
- Advisory on compliance with regulatory reporting obligations
- Outsourcing of statistical regulatory reporting
- Ad hoc compliance queries