Performance issue 12 - September 2013 | Magazine
We would like to welcome you to the 12th edition of Deloitte’s first global sectorial magazine created in December 2009. This very edition marks the transition between the original concept of the publication and the facelift currently being carried out by our editorial team. We felt this would be the perfect time to briefly retrace the timeline of our magazine, which started as a local publication in Luxembourg.
From it's second edition, it expanded to a European Deloitte effort and finally became a worldwide publication with dedicated America, EMEA and APAC versions, the latter even translated in Japanese. When initially creating the magazine, we never imagined this extraordinary growth and we would like to thank you for having facilitated this success.
Starting from the January 2014 edition, the editorial lead of the magazine will be coordinated by a different Deloitte investment management practice. Since every story has a starting point, our colleagues of the Deloitte Switzerland investment management practice will take the lead of the first revisited Performance publication. Thank you for this daring challenge which set the cornerstone for the ongoing success of the magazine in its new format.
The main changes will consist of adding a more thought-provoking aspect to our external contributor’s points of view on the industry’s challenges and opportunities. We will also increase the interactivity between our external contributors, who have played a major role in the success of Performance and the Deloitte subject matter practitioners.
We believe that the industry’s opinion leaders are increasingly willing to express their professional views.
The new concept of the magazine is our reply to this increased demand to share industry related opinions regarding the future shape of investment management.
In this issue
- Now is the time for asset managers to redesign their global operating model
- Performance attribution - Investment performance under the microscope
- Setting the stage for future growth - Hedge fund spin-off considerations
- Navigating the Swiss regulatory landscape for effective distribution
- Rebalancing the economics of the European mutual fund
- The positive contributions of small international financial centres - Informing the global debate
- The future of asset management - Davids and Goliaths?
- Power law investing
- Australian hedge funds - Why they are worth taking a look
- Investing in a dynamic environment - Is risk profiling the answer?
- Linking the dots of the new regulatory framework for a better understanding of the new securities infrastructure landscape
Performance issue 12