In our approach to serving Non-Profit Organisations (NPOs), we combine our practical understanding of specific needs with our private sector practice.
Deloitte Luxembourg has a team of professionals helping:
- Non-governmental organisations
- Non-profit organisations (ASBL)
- Political parties
Nowadays, rapid developments in the economic environment present a challenge not only for big firms but also for non-profit organisations. The stereotypical vision of the wealthy giving to the poor is gone. This is not only because non-profit organisations have found other ways of functioning and funding, as they have started to operate like small or medium-sized businesses, but also because of the global economic situation. In this time of financial crisis, the sector is particularly hard-hit and must deal with the consequences on a daily basis. Donors are thinking long and hard about both the amount they wish to spend and the cause they wish to support.
Non-profit organisations are facing changing times. They have developed from being just a cause into being a business too. However, with well defined convictions, they face the same challenges as the private sector.
Obviously, depending on the social responsibility of others, non-profit organisations are witnessing a decrease in both the quantity of donors themselves and also in the amount of money they donate.
Increasing staff members also means increasing the costs of the organisation. The first challenge of NPOs therefore is to cover their costs. As their name clearly says, these organisations do not aim at making a profit, but they must nevertheless cover their costs in order to survive.
As a long-standing partner of businesses in Luxembourg, Deloitte offers clients a multidisciplinary approach based on a wide range of services, providing support in terms of the financial and organisational challenges faced at every stage of their development, from the formation to the transfer of their business.
In order to cover all the issues faced by our clients, our range of services is structured around various centres of expertise:
- CFO Services
- Operational efficiency improvement
- Information technology
- Compliance and regulatory services
- Risk management (IT risk, security and data privacy, and internal audit)
- Forensic and anti-money laundering services
- Human capital advisory services
We offer our clients:
- A personalised service
- Dedicated teams to facilitate a close working relationship
- A pragmatic approach geared towards identifying operational solutions
- Customised solutions based on the transfer of competences and the sharing of best practices
- A dedicated, closely coordinated international network, capable of meeting the needs of our clients, irrespective of their business sector throughout the world