Podcast: VAT changes 2010
Majority of changes to the European Union VAT Directive, so called the “VAT package”, adopted by the European Council more than a year ago, will come into force as of 1 January 2010. It will significantly change the principles of defining the place of supply of services which will lead to different VAT treatment of services supplied to or purchased from a company established in another country. How to prepare for that?
- How will the Law on VAT change?
- What are the new rules on place of supply of services?
- Will there be any changes in purchasers’ obligations to calculate and declare VAT?
- Will additional reporting be required?
- What should be done in order to prepare for the changes?