Top 10 for 2013
Our outlook for financial markets regulation and supervision
At the start of 2013, against the background of slippage in the timetable for some key initiatives in the post-crisis regulatory reform agenda, and growing concerns about the weakness of the economic recovery in Europe, our paper ‘Top 10 for 2013’ sets out our view of ten key regulatory and supervisory topics for the year ahead.
The ten key topics, in no particular order, are:
- Making it easier to deal effectively with failing firms
- Structural reform
- Implementing the capital and liquidity regime
- Reinventing wholesale markets
- New supervisory bodies ‘flexing their muscles’
- Product intervention
- Making governance effective
- Competition and choice
- Rising standards on data
These have been approached from a UK perspective, drawing on relevant EU and global developments where appropriate.