We can offer the highest quality services to aid you in overcoming the following challenges in the steel industry.
- Cyclicality - Industrial metals companies are highly dependent on the fortunes of the cyclical auto and construction industries.
- Regulatory pressures - The steel and metal industries are subject to a variety of environmental laws regarding air emissions, wastewater, and hazardous waste disposal
- China pressures raw materials costs - emergence of China as the world’s largest steelmaking country has created immense upward pressure on the prices of raw materials, such as iron ore, ferrous scrap, coke, and coal
- Consolidation in steel industry forced by factors such as technological and structural transition, and competition together with rising costs for raw materials. Horizontal consolidation in what is a largely fragmented market is expected to continue while rising raw material prices and a greater desire by some steel producers for self-sufficiency will likely incite vertical integration.
- Major Korean players investment overseas - Major local steel companies are increasingly looking for greenfield investment opportunities to sustain growth.