Deloitte strives to offer the best practices to help our clients become leading companies in their respective industries in an ever-changing business environment.
Industrial products & services
- Consolidation remains a long-term trend with acquisitions to round out product line, deepen market penetration, restructure or divest lagging units
- Customers demand greater value for their money; product reliability a fundamental issue
- Demand for industrial machinery accelerating faster in emerging markets
- Margin pressure created by low cost countries and rising commodity costs.
- Shorter product life cycles result from race for better technology in industrial machinery
- Thinner order books and delayed installment payments on orders already on hand
- Emergence of new competition through cost leadership by new entrants, including Chinese companies
- Shift necessary for Korean shipbuilding companies to premium and specialized ships
- Diversification of shipbuilders to other sectors such as power generating units by applying core technologies used in shipbuilding industry