The Water Industry Team of the Global Resources Group provides experienced, comprehensive professional services to the water industry as it responds to the challenges and opportunities of a changing economic, regulatory, and market environment.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited keeps pace with regional developments and anticipates both country-specific and global trends. We have assisted clients to respond to change, playing an integral role in national regulatory reform, privatization and industry wide restructuring.
- Currently, the world faces severe shortages of clean water for consumption and irrigation
- Centralized exploitation
- Water is naturally suited to local management and distribution, however, resources exist in interconnected hydrological systems
- Privatization in water sector
- Government policy makers and private investors seeking to jump-start supply and improve service
- Constraint on privatization
- Government policies usually prevent effective action by water system managers who do not have autonomy in purchasing, personnel, tariff setting, and other important area