The travel, hospitality & leisure industry is dealing with a changed landscape and faced with the need to establish a core value both for short-term survival and long-term success.
The travel, hospitality & leisure teams at Deloitte member firms can help you see the industry's current challenges as opportunities. In addition, Deloitte professionals are able to provide in-depth global analysis and perspectives on industry trends.
Our thought-leadership research will give you valuable insight into the main factors driving better performance across the globe, enabling you to make informed business decisions.
- Infectious disease problems
- Negative impacts of natural disasters, including epidemics such as SARS, on the travel industry across the world
- Liberalization of air transport
- Cost reduction driven by aviation liberalization pact
- Zero commission
- Demise of airline commissions which have fallen steadily to zero in many markets
- Travel promotion by Korean government
- Massive investment in the travel industry in preparation for the ‘Visit Korea Years’ designated by Korean government
- Glowing online hospitality market
- Remarkable expansion of online hotel reservation market attributable to the increased number of web users and competitive pricing strategy