The following are some key questions and issues which require consideration from management and shareholders of a company considering an IPO:
- If the rationale behind your IPO is to raise equity capital, have you considered all alternative strategies and which exchange to use?
- Are you sufficiently familiar with the listing process and roles of the various advisors in the process (e.g. banks, accountants, lawyers, etc)? Have any of these advisors already been appointed?
- Do your information systems support the high quality management and financial reporting information as required for a public company?
- Have you prepared a business plan in the light of your business being a public company; and have you articulated the use of IPO proceeds, considered their proposed dividend policy, etc?
- Have you prepared a sufficiently robust and integrated valuation model that incorporates your cost of capital, can be flexed, can test applicable banking covenants and provide projected cash positions?
How we can help
- Perform an IPO readiness review to assess the existing financial reporting, business controls, corporate governance and management information systems, and address any deficiencies
- Due diligence on the business to be listed ( financial, tax, operational, commercial, environmental, insurance and IT areas) to assist in drafting key sections of the Investment Circular
- Reporting Accountants (historic financials, working capital)
- Provide financial modeling services to generate a robust business plan, fit for purpose for an IPO
- Independent assessment of valuation