A business wants to assess the integrity of critical data flows between its interdependent systems.
We assisted an organisation in performing a data quality review and provided recommendations for improvements. The review was undertaken to ensure the consistent delivery of accurate, reliable and trusted information which, in turn, would enhance the overall decision-making process throughout the enterprise.
- A review of system functionality documentation, user operating procedures documentation and training materials was carried out.
- Discussions took place with key representative users of the system.
- We developed a framework to understand the data model and developed a data schema for each data field.
- Based on an assessment of the work performed above we extracted a sample of records to develop an understanding of the completeness of the data entered.
- We used our preferred data analysis and audit tool, ACL, to perform our data analysis and assessment.
- Based on our assessment of the data model we reviewed the information extracted for “poor” information entry.
- Based on our findings we developed recommendations for the improvement of the system.
We provided the client with an evaluation of their data. This report contained a detailed plan to remedy the data issues and an approach to redesign the business data capture processes to mitigate against future data quality issues.