Right price, right business and right financial structure
A management buyout (MBO) is usually a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for managers to own a significant stake in their business. It can also be a major distraction for the management team.
A management buy-in has all the features of an MBO but carries much higher risk.
We offer complete transaction management for MBOs and MBIs, including:
- A feasibility assessment of both of the business and the proposed buyout
- A valuation of the business to access the parameters for negotiation
- Financial structuring to optimise the terms of the transaction
- Capital raising to help to secure the funds required
- Tax planning to include corporate and personal tax planning, share incentive schemes, Value Added Tax and stamp duty
- Negotiation with prospective financial backers and the vendors of the target business
- Advice on the pensions implications of the buyout
- Project management to ensure a timely and successful completion
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Corporate Finance Advisory team with any queries you might have.