Reaching your target
Our acquisitions service provides a single point of contact for all your acquisition needs and aims to reduce the risks inherent in any acquisition – whether hostile or not – by providing expert advice on those elements essential to a successful acquisition: planning, targeting and execution.
Planning is key to the acquisition process and will include:
- Advising on acquisition strategy
- Identifying appropriate targets and originating transactions
- Strategic and diversification guidance, including sector reviews and competitor analysis
- Assembly of sector specific teams with in-depth industry knowledge and expertise in your target sector
To improve the acquirer’s chances, we apply a systematic targeting programme, including:
- Comprehensive target screening
- Formulating a targeted approach strategy using our top level contacts to ensure access to key decision makers
- Providing advice on valuation, financial and taxation structuring of a deal
- Lead negotiations throughout the process to completion, advising on tactics in any auction process
- Negotiating competitive financial terms from equity and debt providers to fund the acquisition
- Setting the framework for the due diligence process
- Liaising with regulators and preparing public documents where relevant
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Corporate finance advisory team with any queries you might have.