Head of Retail Operations
Executive Selection & Recruitment
To discuss this role please contact Fiona O’Connor, Head of Executive Search and Selection in Deloitte on 01 417 2236, or forward a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This senior level role, in a major European Bank, has strategic responsibility for the Retail Operations function. The individual has responsibility for leading and directing the existing business management team through the cultivation of a high performance culture within the area. This requires strong emphasis on providing leadership through direction, continuous feedback and improvement on performance and the overall approach to business delivery and doing.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Organise, co-ordinate and control the Retail Operations departments, providing full support to the Retail department in achieving its goals
- Review processes and workflow within the teams and work with other support functions (e.g. IT) to continuously improve the performance, efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage service delivery, making decisions and resolving issues, and identify further service opportunities
- Plan and control the work of the teams and ensure that key performance indicators are maintained at target levels
- Ensure full co-operation and effective working relationships between this function and other functions
- Ensure that an effective control environment exists in the terms of processing and exceptional reporting, procedures and standards meet the requirements of the Bank and regulatory authorities
- Responsible for controlling/minimising losses due to error
- Manage, co-ordinate or assist in the implementation and testing of new systems/projects
- Assist the COO/CFO in other related areas as required.
- Influence and direct the strategy of the Retail Operations Unit
- Act as member of the Operations Management Team in order to ensure the Department is strategically aligned to the Bank’s key objectives and delivery of same
Management information & reporting
- Establish and maintain service level agreements with the business units to ensure timely and accurate delivery of business processing and servicing
- Proactively work with relevant departments to ensure that internal reporting systems and processes are maximised to provide accurate up to date information relating to the output of the business units in accordance with the external regulatory environment.
Resourcing and staff development
- Maximise the capabilities of the relevant teams through the provision of coaching, training and on-going mentoring and feedback to individual team members
- Ensure all team members are kept informed of business levels, activities and development through regular team briefings, e-mail communication and memoranda
- Assume overall responsibility for the resourcing levels within the department through the monitoring of performance and productivity levels
- Ensure where performance issues exist they are addressed in a timely and efficient manner with the objective of resolving issues in a fair and transparent way
- Ensure the teams are fully trained in the Bank’s processes and policies
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are complied with and that performance issues or other HR related issues are accurately recorded and acted on.
- Relevant Business Degree and/or professional qualification(s)
- QFA Qualification
Applicants should consider in the first instance discussing this role with Fiona O’Connor, Head of Executive Search and Selection in Deloitte on 01 417 2236, or forwarding a CV to email@example.com