Group Financial Controller
Executive Search and Selection
To discuss this role please contact Fiona O’Connor, Head of Executive Search and Selection in Deloitte on 01 417 2236, or forward a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A senior management position, the Group Financial Controller role requires someone with initiative and drive who can guide the organisation as it steps up into a period of consolidation and potential growth. The role requires a strong business leader who can help secure the future sustainability and growth of the business.
The Group Financial Controller will be responsible for the financial controlling function within the organisation; they will provide senior financial management for the group, with the implementation of corporate accounting principles, practices and procedures. The role will also manage the provision of financial transaction processing and accounting services to all Group businesses. The successful candidate will be central to the leadership succession plan within the organisation.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of the monthly Group management accounts
- Chief liaison with the Group’s auditors and regulators
- Oversee the preparation of Group year-end financial statements, statutory accounting and annual reports
- Develop the financial reporting and accounting systems
- Responsible for the management and development of a significant team
- Implement and monitor effective internal controls and risk management for the Group
- Presentation of financial accounts to the Board of Management on a monthly basis
- Responsible for Group tax affairs
- Management of all operating expenses
- Monitor budgetary and key performance indicator movements
- Project management of various ad hoc projects required by the senior management team
- Work with the CFO, FP&A and Corporate Finance Teams and Business Partners to develop plans in accordance with short, medium and long-term business cycles
- Provide financial support to the Group business units.
Qualification, experience & skills required:
• Commercially minded qualified ACA with at least 10 years PQE, preferably in the pharmaceutical or FMCG industries.
• A high level of computer literacy, including database and spreadsheet tools skills.
• Demonstrated expertise working with non-financial managers.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (good working knowledge of PowerPoint.)
• Good balance of tactical and strategic planning knowledge and experience required.
• Leadership, people management and organisational change skills essential
• Excellent knowledge of SAP and Business Objects is an advantage.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels in a large organisation, inside and outside the finance function.
• Very strong communication skills to deal with staff at all levels of the organisation and in all functions, in particular when working closely with non-financial employees.
• Proven ability to operate as part of a multi-functional team.
• Excellent analytical skills (numerical and written) with strong planning and organising skills.
• A proven track record of delivering high quality customer support.
• Strong ability to apply critical strategic thinking to resolve problems.
• Ability to work effectively under time and delivery pressures.
• Ability to mentor, develop and motivate a finance team across multiple locations.
• Ability to influence, without authority, cross-functionally within the business.
• Ability to apply best practice to finance shared services.
• Decision making skills, ability to develop innovative and workable solutions to real business situations and ability to work on own initiative to follow projects through to a successful conclusion.
• Good commercial acumen.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Applicants should consider in the first instance discussing this role with Fiona O’Connor, Head of Executive Search and Selection in Deloitte on 01 417 2236, or forwarding a CV to email@example.com