Software as a service solution: web-based sales management solution.
The client needed a trusted adviser that could assist them in their entry into a new consumer market.
The key challenges were to:
- Combine business information from a variety of data sources into a unified and consistent view of prospective customer information
- Maximise sales revenue and market share in the new product arena
- Define a multi-channel web based sales solution that supported and complemented sophisticated sales and marketing strategies
- Enable system integration and messaging between a number of different third party sales vendors in a co-ordinated and effective manner
- Provide comprehensive MIS and KPI dashboard to monitor effectiveness and refine the sales strategy
- Create a secure and regulatory compliant solution
Deloitte was engaged initially to coordinate the project management office and later to provide enterprise architecture and implementation expertise to assist the client.
A key objective was to develop an extensible web-based sales management solution that used An Post’s GeoDirectory as the definitive source of household address information in the Republic of Ireland.
The key elements of the solution included:
- A configurable, adaptable and recurring data migration process that enabled transformation of data from a variety of data sources such as CSV File, Oracle Database, SQL Server databases and MS Access
- An easily maintainable solution that required minimal ongoing support from IT team
- Integrated data migration process with core sales management solution via SOAP web services integration
- Outsourced model with Salesforce.com acting as the central sales management hub
- Multiple sales channels that integrated with a variety of third party systems using SalesForce.com’s web service api
- SalesForce.com based solution for an initial affinity deal was implemented and delivered within 3 weeks
- Sophisticated campaign management module was developed using SalesForce.com development platform (VisualForce & Apex)
- Interfaced with Fieldsales GIS enabled handheld devices to provide real time updates to the central sales management solution