Monthly reporting pack - July 2012
This section provides a “signpost” to significant accounting and reporting developments and related publications during the month, both for Irish GAAP adopters and IFRS adopters. Our document Reporting new IFRS requirements to the Board of Directors/Audit Committee provides a summary of new and amended standards already applicable, an insight into those not yet mandatorily applicable, and proposed future developments.
We encourage you to refer to our Global Firm website, www.iasplus.com, which provides a world-leading continuously updated information source on international financial reporting developments.
Irish / UK developments
- ESMA publishes its 2011 activity report on IFRS Enforcement
- ESMA Publishes review of accounting for Greek sovereign debt
- EFRAG and ASB jointly publish position paper: “Considering the Effects of Accounting Standards”
- The SEC issues Final Staff Report: “Work Plan for the Consideration of Incorporating IFRSs into the Financial Reporting System for U.S. Issuers”
Regulatory and related developments
Deloitte publications and articles
- Moving Forward – A Better Reporting Framework?
- IFRS Project Insights — Financial Instruments: Classification and Measurement
- IFRS Project Insights — Financial instruments: Impairment
- IFRS Project Insights — Leases
- IFRS Project Insights — Consolidation: Investment entities
- IFRS Project Insights — Revenue recognition
- IFRS in Focus — IASB issues amendments to IFRS 10, IFRS 11 and IFRS 12 transition guidance