Monthly reporting pack - January 2013
This section provides a “signpost” to significant accounting and reporting developments and related publications during January 2013, both for Irish GAAP adopters and IFRS adopters.
Irish / UK developments
- FRC publishes its draft plan and budget for 2013/2014 | Draft Plan & Budget
- FRC consults on guidance for implementation of Sharman Panel recommendations on going concern | Consultation Paper
- ESMA calls for improvements in disclosures related to goodwill impairment
- IASB proposes amendments to IAS 36 regarding recoverable amount disclosures | ED
- IPSASB publishes 4 chapters of its public sector conceptual framework
- IASB publishes first results of disclosure survey
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) releases good practice guidance “Principles for Effective Business Reporting Practices”
- IFRS Foundation publishes exposure draft of XBRL IFRS taxonomy 2013
- CFA Institute publishes study on user perspectives on IFRS 7 disclosures
- IFRS Foundation publishes Education Initiative’s IFRS teaching material
Regulatory and related developments
- Department of Justice and Equality consult on implementation of the Charities Act
- Changes to Part 25 of UK Companies Act, 2006 proposed
Deloitte publications and articles
- Financial Reporting Brief January 2013
- Reduced Disclosure Framework – A step Forward
- Third Global IFRS Banking Survey – Still far from land?
- iGAAP alert – Critical issues in uncertain times
- IFRS on Point: IFRS accounting developments December 2012
Our document Reporting new IFRS requirements to the Board of Directors/Audit Committee provides a summary of new and amended standards already applicable, an insight into those not yet mandatorily applicable, and proposed future developments.
We encourage you to refer to our Global Firm website, www.iasplus.com, which provides a world-leading continuously updated information source on international financial reporting developments.