Monthly reporting pack - October 2012
This section provides a “signpost” to significant accounting and reporting developments and related publications during October 2012, both for Irish GAAP adopters and IFRS adopters.
Irish / UK developments
- FRC publishes discussion paper to enhance financial reporting disclosures (Discussion paper)
- FRC issues exposure draft of limited scope amendments to draft FRS 102
- FRC publishes annual report for 2011/12 (Annual Report)
- FRC publishes updates to UK Corporate Governance Code and Stewardship Code
- IASB publishes “Investment Entities (Amendments to IFRS 10, IFRS 12 and IAS 27)”
- IASB releases updated work plan
- IFRS Foundation Education Initiative releases new training modules on IFRS for SMEs of Section 27 “Impairment of Assets” and Section 34 “Specialised Activities”
- ESMA publishes new batch of extracts from IFRS enforcement decisions
- IFRS Foundation issues draft educational material to support IFRS 13 (Educational material)
- IFAC issues new report “Integrating governance for sustainable success”
- International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) launches the Integrated Reporting Emerging Practice Examples Database
Regulatory and related developments
- Credit Union Bill 2012 published
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board releases consultation paper on government reporting
- Enhanced Disclosures Task Force recommends enhancements to risk disclosures made by banks
- FSA consults on changes to the Listing Rules
- UK BIS consults on regulations regarding narrative reporting
- Leading UK businesses to disclose greenhouse gas emissions in annual report
Deloitte publications and articles
- Financial Reporting Brief
- Financial Instruments – An accounting solution
- IFRS in Focus –On track for a revised exposure draft on Leases
- Lease accounting – what lies ahead?
- IFRS Model Financial Statements 2012
- iGAAP Alert – Draft regulations proposing a new structure for narrative reporting in the UK
- Deloitte IFRS e-learning modules for IFRS 9, IFRS 10 and IFRS 11 released
- IFRS Project Insights – Insurance Contracts
Our document Reporting new IFRS requirements to the Board of Directors/Audit Committee provides a summary of new and amended standards already applicable, an insight into those not yet mandatorily applicable, and proposed future developments.
We encourage you to refer to our Global Firm website, www.iasplus.com, which provides a world-leading continuously updated information source on international financial reporting developments.