NAMA related services
Deloitte has provided services to the Real Estate sector in Ireland and internationally for many years. Given recent events in Ireland our work has involved working closely with clients since the establishment of the National Asset Management Agency (NAMA).
NAMA has become a large force within the Irish Real Estate market and it is important that our clients find a way of developing a strong working relationship with NAMA into the future.
Deloitte has developed a strong working relationship with NAMA since its establishment by interacting with and assisting both NAMA and borrowers in the process. Our work involving NAMA to date has involved:
- Secondment of staff to NAMA Portfolio Management and NAMA Credit & Risk where we reviewed business plans, considered borrower requests and considered debt reduction strategies proposed
- Drafting of business plans for borrowers for submission to NAMA
- Completing the Independent Business Review on behalf of NAMA on business plans submitted
- Development of Business Plan Version Two on behalf of NAMA
Our work involving NAMA has given us an unrivalled understanding of NAMA’s objectives, the parameters in which they can operate and potential solutions which may be developed. We have further enhanced this understanding and solution based focus by dealing directly with borrowers and potential funders from around the world. We believe that access to alternative funds (debt and/or equity) will be the catalyst for solutions for borrowers within NAMA.
The Deloitte Real Estate Team can assist borrowers, lenders and investors across a variety of services including:
- Business plan development
- Business plan review
- Negotiation with existing funders
- Refinancing (accessing new funds)
- Sourcing assets
- Taxation advice
The documents below include recent presentations given by the Deloitte NAMA team in relation to Business Plan Version 2 and provide an overview of our NAMA services.
Please do not hesitate to contact our NAMA team with any queries you might have.