With over 20 years’ experience in the domiciling and servicing of internationally distributed investment funds, Ireland has become a leading centre of excellence and remains at the cutting edge of market developments.
That’s why close to 900 fund promoters have chosen Ireland as the location from which to service assets worth over €1.8 trillion.
As a regulated centre for investment funds in which it is easy to do business, Ireland offers many advantages for international fund promoters.
- Scale 66 world-class fund service providers, over 11,000 employees, 11,151 funds, €1.8 trillion in assets
- No. 1 for Hedge Funds Ireland is the world’s leading centre for the administration of hedge funds, servicing over 40 per cent of global hedge fund assets
- Major UCITS Centre 80 per cent of Irish domiciled fund assets are held in cross-border
- Global Distribution Irish domiciled funds are sold in over 70 countries worldwide
- Regulatory Framework Ireland has a robust and efficient regulatory framework for investment funds with clear process and certain timeframes combined with a wide range of investment structures
- Tax Framework Ireland offers a highly efficient, clear and certain tax environment for investment funds with a 12.5% corporate tax rate for management companies and no taxes on funds or non-resident investors
- Expertise Ireland offers unrivalled specialist expertise in fund structuring, domiciling and administration, form ‘long only’ to highly complex investment strategies
- Government Support The investment funds industry has always enjoyed full political support since the establishment of the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in 1987. Numerous measures have been taken over the years to enhance the competitiveness of Ireland as a fund domicile.