Ireland's funds industry in numbers - June 2012
In our monthly Statistics Bulletin you will find a snapshot of key trends in the Irish funds industry, compiled using the latest data from the Central Bank of Ireland up to June 2012.
The latest statistical data from the Central Bank shows that the net assets of Irish domiciled funds declined slightly by 0.7% in the month of June, amid turbulent market conditions. This was also reflected in total net outflows of €4.8 billion. There was significant movement out of money market funds and into bond funds during the period. Fund authorisations remained buoyant during the month of June with 76 new funds authorised.
- The net assets of Irish domiciled funds fell slightly by 0.7% in June to €1,157 billion. Overall, UCITS funds still managed to grow by 0.3% to €903 billion while non-UCITS funds saw a fall of 3.8% to €254 billion
- Net sales in Irish domiciled funds saw outflows of €4.8 billion, €4 billion of which was attributable to non-UCITS
- In UCITS there were substantial outflows from money markets of €5.6 billion which were mostly offset by inflows of €4.9 billion into bond funds
- There were 76 Irish domiciled funds including sub funds authorised in June, including 44 Qualifying Investor Funds, 31 UCITS and one non-UCITS retail fund
- Including non-domiciled funds, total net assets of Irish administered funds stood at €2 trillion in 12,426 funds