Central Europe CFO Survey - January 2014
Hungarian CFOs see the current financial outlook brighter
Welcome to the fifth Deloitte report on the sentiment of Hungarian CFOs based on a regional survey that compares their sentiment with peers from 12 other countries across Central Europe and tracks shifting trends across time.
”Chief Financial Officers of Hungarian companies see the current financial outlook brighter, however, Hungary still remains one of the most pessimistic countries in the region.”
Partner, Enterprise Risk Services
CFO-programme Leader, Hungary
- Compared to previous years Hungary’s CFOs are more optimistic about their companies’ finances and have brighter expectations for future economic growth.
- Although the country’s general business sentiment has improved significantly, it is still below the regional average.
- Contrary to the increasingly negative expectations in the past 18 months, CFOs now expect an expansion of M&A activities in Hungary for 2014.
- The ever-changing legal environment and taxation difficulties will continue to present the most serious challenges for Hungarian companies.
- About two thirds of Hungarian CFOs do not expect to lack financial expertise in the years to come, which is an exception for the region.
- The CE CFO Confidence Index shows signs of optimism among nearly 600 CFOs from companies across 13 countries, which are experiencing volatility and external financial uncertainty
- Despite signs of optimism, the majority of CFOs in Central Europe believe that the time has not yet come to take more risk on to company balance sheets
- CFOs in CE hold divergent views on their priorities for the next 12 months
- Many CFOs plan to reduce gearing levels, associated with a corresponding expectation of higher financing costs
- While talent shortages are not of concern to most participating CFOs,there are opportunities for experienced financial professionals around the region
- The top priority for next year, shared by many CFOs in Central Europe,is simply to grow their revenues
Partner | Enterprise Risk Services
Deloitte Co. Ltd.
Tel: +(36 1) 428 6644
Coordinator | Marketing and Business Development
Deloitte Co. Ltd.
Tel: +(36 1) 428 6737