World Tax Advisor - October 26, 2012
In this issue:
- Featured Articles
- Dividend withholding tax and hybrid entities under the amended Germany-U.S. tax treaty
- More steps taken to boost foreign trade
- European Union
- Proposal on financial transaction tax to go forward
- Expert committee issues draft report on taxation of indirect transfers
- Rules issued on tax residence certificate requirement for treaty benefits
- New treaty with Switzerland signed
- United Kingdom
- Taxpayer in FCE Bank case prevails at Court of Appeal
- In brief
- News in brief from the EU, Greece, Guatemala and Hong Kong.
- Tax treaty round up
- Tax treaty developments in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, and Thailand.
- Global Tax Alerts
- Canada: Budget proposals on foreign affiliate “dumping” again revised
See attached file for details.
Visit the World Tax Advisor archive for issues from the past year.