World Tax Advisor - July 13, 2012
In this issue:
- Featured Articles
- Foreign affiliate reporting rules help avoid costly Canadian tax penalties
- Government further clarifies deduction policies for advertising and marketing expenses
- VAT concession for foreign companies to be eliminated
- More changes proposed to Annual Tax Act
- Budget tax measures focus on personal taxes and duties
- Draft GAAR guidelines target offshore holding company structures
- AAR rejects applications for which tax return already submitted
- 2012/2013 budget measures now law
- United States
- IRS announces interim heightened ITIN application standards
- In brief
- News in brief from Cyprus, the EU and India.
- Global Tax Alerts
- Brazil: New reporting requirement for cross-border transactions involving services and intangibles
- Chile: Argentina terminates treaty as from 2013
- France: New taxes proposed on businesses, banks and wealthy individuals
See attached file for details.
Visit the World Tax Advisor archive for issues from the past year.