As more companies are starting to report on their climate change and sustainability efforts, effective controls around gathering, maintaining, and presenting relevant data becomes a vital part of a mature reporting process.
Having a clear view as to the current status of your climate change and sustainability control environment is vital to demonstrate to your stakeholders that you are applying an appropriate tone with regard to the importance of controls. It is also important to ensure that the control framework that is deployed is cost effective and reliable.
Deloitte member firm controls implementation experts provide the following services:
- Controls assessments across key climate change and sustainability processes. This can include benchmarking against leading industry practices.
- Design and implementation of control frameworks that are cost effective, robust and reliable and implementation of monitoring processes to ensure that controls operate as designed.
- The creation and implementation of controls self assessment processes to enable management to measure the control environment on a regular basis.
- Investigations to assess why controls have failed and to prevent future losses/surprises from occurring.
A company can benefit in the following ways:
- Help management to understand the effectiveness of their current control processes around climate change and sustainability reporting both in the context of the control being effective in the management of the organization’s key risks but also with regard to how the organization’s control framework aligns with industry leading practice.
- Either as a result of a controls assessment process or as a result of implementing new processes or IT systems, we can ensure that robust and reliable controls are built into your climate change and sustainability reporting processes in a way that balances costs and effectiveness, achieving sustainable performance.